To all of our Wonderful Patients
We are excited to say that our re-opening of our practice will be Tuesday June 2. Please keep in mind we are only seeing EMERGENT and URGENT care at this time and will gradually be opening up to do more procedures as our dental college and public health officer, Dr Bonnie Henry advise us. We are at a reduced capacity but will do our best over time to see you all. If you had a pre-booked appointment in June or July, our admin team will be contacting you to either confirm or postpone. Please feel free to call or email us if you are uncertain about your appointment.
Everyone here at Queen’s Park Dental hope that you and your family are staying healthy and adjusting to the “new” normal. While we have seen many changes in the world, our team members remain devoted to you and are committed to making sure your next visit at Queen’s Park Dental is safe and comfortable. We realize you also have gone through financial challenges over the last 9 weeks and we have decided NOT to raise our fees or charge a PPE fee. We want your visit to be all about maintaining or obtaining your optimal oral health.
Even Pre-COVID, Dentistry, has been a safe and sterile environment. Please be assured we take this seriously and the safety of our team and patients is our top priority.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have made the necessary changes around our clinic based on research and science. In most cases, we have exceeded the BC Dental Association Guidelines. Our new changes include;
- Pre-screening of all patients prior to their appointment and again at entrance to the office.
- Daily screening and temperature checks for all team members.
- All patients have been asked to remain in their cars or outside the office door until their appointment time. Please don’t come early (have you ever heard that before?).
- We ask that no additional members enter the clinic. Due to social distancing no-one will be allowed to wait in the waiting room unless you are a parent of a minor or a caregiver of a patient.
- One of our admin team will meet you upon arrival to our clinic and take your temperature with a no contact thermometer.
- All patients and team members will be required to hand sanitize upon entry and exit to the clinic.
- You will be given a disposable mask, if you didn’t bring your own, and asked to wear it in the clinic (until we start our treatment of course)
- All magazines, toys, and crowded waiting room chairs have been removed.
- Appointments are staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and team.
- We limit the number of patients in the practice area at any given time.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative team, including masks for all team members; fitted N95 or KN95 masks, face shields and gowns for the clinical team is required when producing aerosols.
- Patients will pre-rinse with our 1-1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide Rinse to reduce the viral load.
- Reception area to be cleaned and disinfected in-between patients and hourly.
- Extra time scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow enhanced cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
Again, we are doing this with everyone’s safety in mind and can’t wait to see all of your smiley faces. I am happy to say that all team members at Queen’s Park Dental are healthy and are anxious to get back to work. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding during this challenging time for us all.
Thank You and Stay Safe.
Your Queen’s Park Dental Team